July 04, 2011

Wrinkled Soap??

(Left: after ; Right: before)


Ho So Wu (a.k.a. Chinese Knotwood), a traditional Chinese herb for treating hair and scalp. It's believed to prevent and to reduce grey hair.

I added said powder to this batch of unscented soap. It turned out a soap with strong Chinese medicine aroma, which I am not sure if I am pleased about it, so I decided to rebatch it.

Love the combination of clary sage, rosemary and patchouli essential oils. The aroma makes me relax.....

However, guess I added too much water, the soap shrank when cured... :P



Ingredients:
camellia oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, EO of clary sage, rosemary and patchouli, ho so wu powder.

 

8 comments:

  1. Both are looking great! The left one a bit more archaic. Like very old Aleppo soap. Well done!

    Regards Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Petra,

    Thanks! I never thought of the rebatched soap looks like Aleppo! I like it. =)

    Greetings from Anita, Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  3. LKK SOAP :) I love your Ho So Wu soap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI 花樣精,

    LOL "LKK" soap. :P The Ho So Wu soap I sent you is the successful edition. ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anita!

    Wow! They both look earthy and wonderful. I have never seen a wrinkled soap like that. It almost looks like a japanese dried tofu! But I am sure it is a great soap. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Soap´s, all of them !
    To me, looks so Natural, fresh, it´s like an invitation to use them!
    And above all I like them, because it is obvious,all ingredients are from Natural sources!
    I have to confess that you are my favorite blog!
    Keep doing this wonderful Anita´s La La Land Soap !
    Love & bless ,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. How interesting!
    I sorta like it wrinkled actually...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Ayu, thanks. I'd never thought a soap would srink like this. But yeah, it looks like a Japanese dried tofu, LOL

    @ Claudia, thanks so much for your comment. You made my day! (today is blue Monday again...)I appreciate it. xoxo

    @Lucy, thanks for stopping by. I love your surprize box! It's like a gift to self every month. How exciting! =)

    ReplyDelete