August 29, 2013

My Big Fat Handmade Diary - August 2013

August 29, 2013
Been working on the soap package for days, finally, here they are. =)
 
 
 
 
August 25, 2013
Sooo craving for sweets....
 
 
 
 
August 23, 2013
Since my soaps are bigger and more chunky now, old package is no longer suitable. I am trying to wrap soaps with those nice papers I found at local craft supply store. Love those designs and patterns. Just so elegant and beautiful. ❤ ❤ ❤
 
 
 
 
August 22, 2013
What's cooking today? I'm doing solid deodorant experiment. I received some requests from my friends and customers asking if I can make solid deodorant instead of deodorant cream. So, here I'm trying different formulas and see which one works better. :)
 
 
 
 
August 19, 2013
After one month of curing stage, the castor shampoo soap I made in July is not translucent anymore.... Although it's not crystal clear as I wanted, it's still a good shampoo bar for my normal-to-oily hair. Rich lather and my hair is squeaky clean and soft after using it. I am going to put it on curing rack for couple more weeks then test it on my friends' long hair. Keep you updated. ;-)
 
 
 
 
August 17, 2013
Lovin' the sweet honey aroma of beewax candle...
 
 
 
 
August 16, 2013
CNE, where we had lots of fun today!
 
 
 
 
August 15, 2013
Another New Arrival to my huble jewelry shop!
 
 
 
 
August 14, 2013
New Arrival to my humble jewelry shop!
Sending love messages to your beloved one
 
 
 
 
August 13, 2013
Mid August, time to prepare stuffs for kids back to school.
I "prepared" a pair of new running shoes for myself as well,
for celebrating kids back to school, lol.
 
 
 
 
August 12, 2013
A sweet customer wrote me a touching message:

"Brett and I got married last month and three of our wedding guests were wearing your necklaces! We just loved your jewelry!♥"

Awww, I'm in heaven..
 
 
 
August 11, 2013
My good companies these days for easing heartburn...



August 10, 2013
Having high tea with hubby & kids at a "Hong Kong Tea Restaurant".
 
 
 
August 08, 2013
Yellow Peach & Apple jam done. The peach has a lot of water, just like raspberry. It took me about 40 minutes to cook it and made it set. I am so excited the beautiful yellow and rich peach arom are kept in the bottle of jam. Yippee!
 
 
 
August 07, 2013
Soap cutting day! My soaps are now bigger and heavier.
Each bar of soap weights 5.0 ~ 5.5 oz.
They are chunky, yet, easy to be held in your hands. More user friendly. ;)
Those soaps will be ready in September
at my handmade soap shop, Anita's La La Land.
 
 
 
August 06, 2013
Making Yellow Peach & Apple jam. I love Ontario peaches! They tend to be sour but very juicy and rich of peach sweet aroma. I combined them with pectin-rich apples. It smells so good and maks me mouth watering. :)
 
 
 
August 04, 2013
Justin lost one tooth, funny talks now, cute!
 
The Toronto Premium Outlets near our house (15 minutes drive) was grand opened couple days ago. It attracts tons of people coming here for shopping. Tons of people = tons of cars. Steeles Ave. here used to be a quiet country road, well, not anymore.
 
 
 
August 03, 2013
Brand new phone. Outright mobile phone price.
Absolutely an expensive lesson!
 
 
 


 

 



 

4 comments:

  1. Yum, could it put weight in you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for update the Castor Soap pic. Kind of remember a book mentioned "clear or transparent" cold process soap making.... kind of wonder if it's possible. But I do love the transparent look, as long as it's not M&P :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The castor soap does look like M&P soap, doesn't it? :) I was surprised about the simple ingredients could make clear soap too because many clear soap recipes call for alcohol but not this one. Too bad it turns out not transparent but it's still a good shampoo bar!

      Delete