June 25, 2013

My Big Fat Handmade Diary - June 2013

Jun. 30, 2013
Happy 7th birthday, Justin. :)




Jun. 29, 2013
Voila! My very first jar of blueberry jam.
Christine Ferber's recipes are fantastic.
Her book is turning me into a preserve freak!
Can't wait to try more.




Jun. 28, 2013
My big fat organic herbal package came in the mail! Yipee!
(jumping up and down) Lab time!




Jun. 27, 2013
Nothing happier than finally getting a thing that you want it so badly.
Plus, half price! Oh I love Winners!
I am gonna cook my very first batch of jam using this beautiful cooper pot. :)

 

 

Jun. 25, 2013

This initial necklace is for Mrs. J.T., Daniel's grade 2 & 3 teacher.
She's been teaching Daniel for two years and she's going to retire in couple days.
Mrs. J.T. likes Daniel and always told us he is one of her very favorite students.
We appreciate what she did for Daniel, she is such a good teacher!
Thank you, Mrs. J.T. Happy Retirement! 
 
 
 
Jun. 24, 2013
I think God did hear my wish...saw this mannequin at Winners.
Good quality fabric, a adjustable stand, nice finish,
great for displaying my handmade jewelry. Plus, the price is soo good!
Oh well, what can I do? This babe is in my studio now. 
 
 
 
Jun. 21, 2013
My little herbal garden now has : aloe vera, stevia, sage, catnip, basil, mint. It will be growing bigger when my organic seeds are in the mail. My girl friend said it's a sign of "aging" when start loving gardening. Really?! I have to admit that it is so healing to grow your own garden, no matter to grow herbs, flowers or vagetables.
Gardening mades me happy! 
 
 
 
Jun. 20, 2013
Made two more tinctures - Peppermint and Chamomile. Unlike making garlic tincture in whole 80 proof vodka, I experimented these two in half boiling water and half 80 proof vodka. Can't wait to try them in 6 weeks. 
 
Justin enjoys Nestle Peelin'Pops PelPops. The peel is edible, ha! 
 
 
 
Jun. 18, 2013
Had a hearty and yummy brunch with my family at Norval Pankcake Factory. 
 
 
 
Jun. 17, 2013
Made a new batch of Sunshine Orange lip butters and waiting for them to firm up then label them. I enjoy making this orange lip balm. When melting the oils, butters and wax, my little kitchen filled with the uplifting and refresh aroma from the citrus oils. Ahh..... 
 
New member to my herbal chest, Garlic Tincture. It's reputed to be excellent for treating colds, flus, sore throats, poor or sluggish digestion (it did well once on me) and boosting immune function. It's also antibacterial and antimicrobial for treating any types of infections. Very effective for maintaining healthy blood cholesterol levels and lowering blood sugar levels. Garlic is really a magic herb, LOVE IT! 
 
 
 
Jun. 16, 2013
Yes! Chien-Ming Wang, Go!
 
 
 
Jun. 15, 2013
New member to my fragrant garden, calamondin.

 
 
Jun. 14, 2013
I have so many plans for those mason jars. Herbal infusions, cough syrups, tinctures, oxymels and jams, yum yum. Can't wait to fill up my herbal chest with those yummy jars!



Jun. 12, 2013
Take out sushi for celebrating Dragon Boat Festival, yum yum.
  
 
 
Jun. 11, 2013
Spent a sunny afternoon with girl friends. We baked pound cakes, brewed coffee and gossiped about things happened in our lives. It is nice to have such moments once in a while, to escape from daily routine. It is healing, isn't it?
 
Go! Chien-Ming Wang, Go!
 
 
 
Jun. 10, 2013
Upgrated my lap top and found Windows 8 is not user friendly, NOT AT ALL!!
 
Daniel passed swimming 5 so he got my 5-year-old lap top as prize per our agreement.
He then downloaded Google Earth immediately and enjoy it a lot. Cute!
 
 
 
Jun. 09, 2013
Justin sits in a heavy duty carton. Fit perfectly! LOL
 
Justin got a boo-boo on his knee when biking.
He felt bad but didn't cry, so I gave him an Angry Bird bandage.
Brave boy is happy now.
 
 
 
Jun. 08, 2013
Tons of rice dumplings at T&T supermarket.
Dragon Boat Festival is coming!
 
 
 
Jun. 06, 2013
Hooray! Got my FREE Kindle today!
It's a free gift from Rogers.ca when activated a new smartphone with them.
Now it's time to stock ebooks!
 
 
 
Jun. 05, 2013
I am having muscle aches, especially my right shoulder, too painful that I cannot raise my right arm. After using Arnica & St. John's Wort massage oil, feel much better.
 
 
 
Jun. 04, 2013
..... lol (I am really a bad mom)



Jun. 03, 2013
My coffee K-cups are here! Hooray!
 
Made omelette rice for kids!
 
 
 
Jun. 02, 2013
What a windy day!
Hubby insists to remove all the weeds in our backyard.
A big fat thank-you kiss to him!

 
 
 
Jun. 01, 2013
After drawing class, father and sons hold each other's hands.
 
 
Canada live lobsters on sale, CAD3.99 each.
We brought some home to have a big fat dinner!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment